Princeton Class of 2025 (and families!), welcome to the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning, a hub of academic support on campus. We invite you to learn more about the Center below and to explore the media we’ve assembled to give you a taste of our many programs and services. Princeton academics poses many challenges and offers innumerable opportunities for learning, exploration and growth. We at the McGraw Center help students to meet these expected challenges and make the most of their education and truly thrive at Princeton.
The Undergraduate Learning Program engages all students as partners in order to equip them with the knowledge, skills, strategies, and mindsets to thrive academically and holistically in Princeton’s distinctive liberal arts/research university setting.
Facts and Figures:
- All programs, services and resources are cost-free to students
- The McGraw Center as many as 10,000 visits per year from undergraduates
- On average over half the first-year class and nearly half of the sophomore class use Undergraduate Learning Program services
- In some courses, 50%-90% of students use McGraw tutoring
- Last year we conducted nearly 1000 learning consultations, and this year nearly 20% of the class of 2023 had a learning consultation during the first semester.
- Our 150+ peer educators receive extensive training
What Princeton Students Say About McGraw Services:
- “Thanks for all of the study tips at the McGraw session on Sunday! They were pretty invaluable --as shown by my first midterm grades” –G.C.
- “Your workshops are so very helpful, I've been to nearly all of them.”—K.R.
- “I attended your guy's workshop yesterday which was brilliant and I'm already starting to incorporate the step-by-step plan in my calendar.” --R.S.
- "I think our consultation was one of the main reasons my thesis turned out so well. Our discussions helped me focus my ideas, gave me new ones and ultimately gave me the confidence I needed". --M.C.
- "Our meeting was super helpful, informative, and fun. I'm sure what I learned will help me not only this semester; but also for a long time from now." --G.N.
McGraw Center Learning Support Information for Families
Explore Our Resources:
- Start by viewing the short Welcome message from Nic Voge, who directs the Learning Programs.
- The Illustrated Guide to McGraw Services tells a story of how and when first-year students use various services.
- Get a glimpse into the unique service provided by McGraw Learning Consultants who provide academic coaching.
- To Understand and Overcome Procrastination, watch this TEDx Princeton talk by Nic—it provides a glimpse into McGraw workshops.
- Check out the DLL(link is external) (Digital Learning Lab), a multi-media laboratory and learning space for students.