Make a study plan based upon your own habits and proclivities:
- What time do you study best?
- Do you work better by focusing on one subject or task for a long period of time or switching back and forth?
- How long can you concentrate before you need a break?
- Is it more helpful for you to have a detailed plan or a more unstructured one? Try to have a clear goal for each study session, since it helps keep you focused on what you need to get done.
Find a good place to study:
- Do you work better in complete silence or with some noise around you? If noise, what kind of noise (talking, music, TV, white noise, etc.)?
- Are you more productive surrounded by people or by yourself? Do you need your own space or a more neutral one?
- What materials do you need to have access to? Do you really need to be near a computer, or is it mainly a distraction?
- Will you be physically comfortable in the location you’ve chosen? Will you be too comfortable and fall asleep?
- Will you have enough light?
- Will you have enough space to spread out comfortably?