Welcome, Class of 2021, to Princeton – and welcome to The McGraw Center! Our goal is to help you take full advantage of the academic opportunities and resources available at Princeton while also maintaining balance and taking care of yourselves. We think hard about what is new and unfamiliar to students as they transition to the Princeton curriculum., and we offer advice and programming that will help you master challenges and achieve success so that you truly THRIVE at Princeton.
In this new intellectual environment, with new expectations, demands, and ways of doing things you may often find yourself wondering, "How do I..."
How do I manage my time effectively?
How do I handle the big reading loads?
How do I keep up with my classes?
How do I tackle problem sets and other assignments?
How do I prepare for Princeton-level exams?
We pride ourselves on breaking down these new expectations for you and guiding you toward new strategies and techniques to help you answer these questions. At McGraw you will receive personalized, Princeton-specific advice on methods of learning, time and task management, overcoming procrastination, and tackling assignments, among other things.
We offer a number of effective, cost-free services to all students:
- One-to-One Learning Strategy Consultations
- Academic Strategy Workshops
- Study Hall Group & Individual Tutoring
- Course Review Sessions
- Principedia (Like Wikipedia for Princeton students by Princeton students.)
McGraw had 10,000+ visits from Princeton undergrads last year and well over half of the class of 2020 came through our doors to work with tutors and learning consultants and attend workshops. Your fellow students had this to say about their experiences with McGraw resources:
- "Our learning consultation was super helpful, informative, and fun. I'm sure what I learned will help me not only this semester but also for a long time from now."
- "Not only did I learn some extremely effective strategies which I am already using, I also found it very helpful to be able to talk and brainstorm freely."
- "This workshop makes you much more self-aware--the reason you procrastinate is not always what you think."