Welcome, Class of 2019, to Princeton – and welcome to McGraw! Our goal is to help you take full advantage of the academic opportunities and resources available at Princeton while also maintaining balance and taking care of yourselves. We think hard about what is new and unfamiliar to students as they transition to the Princeton curriculum. We offer advice and programming that will help you master challenges and achieve success.
In this new intellectual environment, with new expectations and ways of doing things, you may often find yourself wondering, "How do I..." We pride ourselves on being able to break down these new expectations for you and guide you toward new strategies and techniques to meet them. At McGraw you will receive personalized advice on methods of learning, time and task management, overcoming procrastination and undertaking research, among other things.
We offer a number of effective, cost-free services to all students:
- One-to-One Learning Strategy Consultations
- Academic Strategy Workshops
- Study Hall Group Tutoring
- Course Review Sessions
We had close to 8,000 visits from Princeton undergrads last year and more than half of the freshman class came through our doors. Fellow students offered these observations on their experiences with McGraw resources:
- "Our meeting (learning consultation) was super helpful, informative, and fun. I'm sure what I learned will help me not only this semester, but also for a long time from now."
- "Not only did I learn some extremely effective strategies which I am already using, I also found it very helpful to be able to talk and brainstorm freely with you."
- "This workshop makes you much more self-aware--the reason you procrastinate is not always what you think."