The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is pleased to announce the implementation of a disability accommodation management system, ACCOMMODATE. Beginning with the Spring 2021 semester, all student accommodation requests and accommodation notifications to faculty will take place through the new system.
ACCOMMODATE is specifically designed for disability services offices and features a portal for students, faculty and staff to engage in full-featured management of all accommodation-related information and processes. The system will significantly improve and simplify student disability services processes, create efficiencies for students, faculty and staff, eliminate paper transactions, reduce email exchanges, provide access to student information and records at any time, and much more.
When is the change occurring?
Faculty now have access to the system and can engage in training and explore the system. All requests and notifications for the spring term will be made using the system beginning February 1, 2021.
How am I impacted?
- Faculty will continue to receive an email alerting them to approved accommodations for students in their courses, but they will be required to access the system portal to view the letter. The subject of the email will be the same, “Urgent and Confidential: Student Disabilities Information”.
- Faculty will be able to enter the portal at any time to view accommodation notification letters, so will not need to keep track of the specific email. You can view your course roster of students to see at a glance the accommodations approved for students.
- Faculty will need to forward student accommodation notification letters to any preceptor or TA who will be assisting with accommodation implementation. They will not automatically receive the accommodation notification email.
What must I do to prepare for this change?
The best way to prepare will be to participate in training to learn how to access and use the ACCOMMODATE system. Training materials and information on live training sessions can be found on the ODS website or below.
To prepare, faculty can now access the system. Using your PU Net ID and Password,
To support you in the transition, ODS staff are available to assist you and answer questions. ODS can be reached at: email email@example.com or call 609-258-8840.
The following training resources are on the ODS website:
Quick Reference training materials:
- How to view accommodation letters
This module will give you step-by-step instructions on how to access letters for all students with
accommodations in your course.
- How to view course rosters
This module will give you step-by-step instructions on how to view your course roster, which serves
as a quick reference to identify students in your class who receive accommodations and what those
accommodations are at a glance.
Recorded live Zoom trainings will be available on the ODS website soon. Additional training opportunities will be available in February.
Contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-258-8840.