The McGraw Center is the central resource for faculty who seek to enhance their teaching at Princeton. To keep up to date on the latest faculty news and events, please subscribe to our Faculty Newsletter.
Programs and services offered for faculty include:
- Pedagogy and professional development programs offer focused discussions on the goals and practices of teaching in the Princeton classroom. McGraw events are led by Princeton faculty or our professional staff; they are informed by current scholarship and promote innovation in all areas of teaching and learning.
- One-on-one instructional consultations on any aspect of your teaching practice. Please be in touch with Kate Stanton, Interim Director of the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning, and Senior Associate Director, Teaching Initiatives and Programs for Faculty, to schedule a consultation.
- We are available to visit department faculty meetings to discuss a wide range of issues such as course design, planning interactive classes, meaningful grading and assessment, course development proposals, and online learning.
- McGraw Center directors are available to advise faculty on the development of proposals for support of projects that advance innovative teaching and learning. Contact Kate Stanton, Interim Director of the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning, and Senior Associate Director, Teaching Initiatives and Programs for Faculty, to schedule a consultation.
- Princeton's initiative in online education is housed in the McGraw Center, which offers the design and production resources for developing blended and open access courses. We support faculty in integrating online teaching tools into their teaching to increase student engagement. We also collaborate with faculty in globalizing their Princeton courses by opening them to the world as MOOCs. Kate Stanton, Interim Director of the McGraw Center, is the point of contact for faculty interested in this initiative.
- Strategies to promote inclusive teaching are available through faculty programs, online resources, and individual consultations.