Consultants (undergraduate and graduate students) from a variety of disciplines are trained to collaborate with you to develop an individualized approach to learning which draws upon your unique profile of strengths and is tailored to the specific demands of each of your courses. Individual consultations focus on designing a strategic approach to learning that enables you to make the most of lectures, precepts, and readings. Make an appointment (at least 24 hours in advance) to meet with a consultant early in the term in order to manage the academic demands of the entire semester.
We routinely advise students at all levels on:
- Time management and planning
- Motivation and overcoming procrastination
- Managing large projects (i.e. JPs and Theses)
- Engaged, efficient reading and learning from text
- Tackling P-sets and problem-solving strategies
- Effective note-taking
- Exam preparation and studying
- Mastering large amounts of information
- Learning and succeeding in specific courses
- Making the most of office hours and other resources
"I think our consultation was one of the main reasons my thesis turned out so well. Our discussions helped me focus my ideas, gave me new ones and ultimately gave me the confidence I needed". --M.C.
"Our meeting was super helpful, informative, and fun. I'm sure what I learned will help me not only this semester but also for a long time from now." --G.N.
"Our consultation helped me tremendously in my academic turnaround last year."--C.K.